The Society for Asian Foresight Education, also known as Foresight Society or SAFE, is a non-profit organisation registered with Singapore’s Ministry of Home Affairs. Our vision is to promote futures thinking and develop foresight competencies among leaders and individuals to manage uncertainties in our VUCA (volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous) world.
Milestones in our history:
– 22 Jul 2017: The society was founded by a group of like-minded individuals. The launch was held at Sky Garden, on the 57th floor of Marina Bay Sands, Singapore.
– 2 Sep 2017: Our inaugural Foresight English workshop was conducted with the topic: Cashless Society, Singapore. The inaugural Chinese workshop, based on the similar topic, was conducted on 9 Sep 2017.
– 17 Nov 2018: Our inaugural Foresight overseas workshop was conducted in Batam, Indonesia.
– 8 Jan 2018: The commence of our inaugural Foresight weekly nightclass.
About the Instructor
Dr Gary Goh (candidate) is currently completing his Doctor of Education dissertation on Foresight Competencies. He has more than 20 years experience in teaching and training, first as a MOE trained teacher, then as an adult educator for his own training companies. His courses included teachers-training for MOE Staff Training branch, PAP Community Foundation and school clusters. He is also an approved contract Skillsfuture trainer for Central Singapore Community Development Council (CDC) since 2017. He founded the Foresight Society in 2017 to empower more people to take charge of their own future through futures thinking. His other academic qualifications include:
– Masters of Arts (National University of Singapore)
– Postgraduate Diploma in Education (National Institute of Education)
– WSQ Professional Diploma in Creative Entrepreneurship